1. Connect the head unit as described in your installation manual except for the orange/white illumination and light green parking brake connections.
2. Connect the red wire of this circuit to the red 12 Volt switched wire coming from the head unit.
3. Connect the black wire of this circuit to black ground wire coming from the head unit.
4. Connect the white wire of this circuit to the illumination/dimmer line which is coming from the car.
5. Connect the orange wire of this circuit to the orange/white ILL wire coming from the head unit.
6. Don't engage the parking brake or disconnect the light green wire from the parking brake and leave it floating. Tape it up so it doesn't short anything.
7. If you see the "your parking brake is not connected properly" message when you start the vehicle, reset the Z1, press the recessed button to the right of the eject button.